I am running active, 3 way with 9442A's.
At the moment I've got a little series resistance to reign in the MF, HF.
Another solution to 'lower' the power of the 9442 would be the 14712A octal units. Some on ebay now.
All that I can find (of the 'spec' sheet) are the bullet points transcribed below.
Anyone have one of these and an idea of what it does / or what can you asses from the verbiage below?
i.e. How's this any different than just pulling back on the 9442A's level controls / putting a pot ahead of the amp?
Is it processing the input signal? (I don't think I'd want to do that).
thanks!
14712A Power Limiter
Features:
Feed forward hard limiter design
Field-selectable response times
Corrects for Peak Inversion
Field-selectable power limits
Plug-in design
Benefits:
Complete stability at (infinity) : 1 compression ratio
Permits optimum adjustment for low, full, or high frequency drivers.
Eliminates over-compression of low frequencies for more transparent sound
Restricts maximum output power of amplifier
No additional rack space required and no external power source required
Advantages:
Positive limiting control
Protection of loudspeaker components
No annoying system "thumping" protects against system distortion
Protects against over-driving of acoustical components
Cost effective






Bookmarks